CONSULTING AND PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
FISA’s professionally trained auditors with hands-on experience can help develop a HACCP program tailored to each facility. It will include: Development, Implementation, Validation and Verification.
The Seven HACCP Principles:
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis (Physical, Chemical, Biological).
- Determine CCPs using a decision tree.
- Establish critical limits for each CCP.
- Develop a monitoring system for each CCP.
- Determine corrective actions.
- Establish verification procedures.
- Develop record keeping and documentation procedures.
FISA’s professionally trained and experienced staff can assist your company with the development, review and audit of the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and work instructions. This will provide confidence that your company has developed the proper programming to ensure continued production of safe products that meet your customers’ specifications.
The professional auditors at FISA can assist your company in developing, implementing and monitoring a successful Pest Control Program. The program can be tailored for both in house pest control as well as the use of an outside pest control company. An integrated pest control program will obtain the best results and should cover all bases such as:
- Guidelines for setting expectations, how results are measured and ensuring proper documentation.
- Requirements of the regulatory agencies (FDA, USDA, EPA, OSHA) on federal, state and local levels.
- A list of acceptable pesticides that can be used in a given facility (interior and exterior).
- Follow-up expectations on deficiencies pointed out by GMP audits, regulatory agencies, third parties and the outside Pest Control Operation (PCO).
- Restricted use pesticides used by certified personnel only.
- Requirements of a PCO – license, up-to-date certification for the company and its technicians, insurance verification, pesticide log, SDS, product data sheets, service reports, and trends.
- Ensure that pesticides are used according to the label and stored properly.
- Recommendations on use of fumigations, foggings, spot treatment, heat treatment, crack and crevice treatment, etc.
FISA’s customized consulting can assist in the development and operation of a master cleaning program or specific cleaning procedures. This includes tools, materials and techniques for wet and dry cleaning. We can assist with the monitoring, documenting and reporting procedures for food safety and regulatory compliance.
We provide guidance in resolving and preventing regulatory action and can serve as expert witnesses should there be any sanitation related litigation. FISA auditors can assist with evaluating Facility Plan Reviews, as well as Equipment Design and Construction.
FOOD INDUSTRY SANITATION ASSOCIATES
WHEN EXPERIENCE COUNTS
13420 W 99TH STREET
LENEXA, KS 66215-1365
PHONE: (913) 782-6399 TOLL-FREE: (877) 836-3063
FAX: (913) 782-6299